I had a few requests via instagram for this noodle dish, so I thought I would share it with you all.
As the saying goes, “I can be brought back from the dead…” with peanut noodles, or anything that is smothered in a peanut sauce. I usually use the noodles and vegetables as a vehicle for me to consume copious amounts peanuty goodness.
No shame here! Peanut sauce lovers unite, my go-to sauce is filled with good for you ingredients that can justify the extra drizzle (or pour) of sauce. No need for sugar laden PB and weird fillers, you can use all-natural PB and it will taste better than you can imagine.
Am I selling you yet?
Whenever I feel like ordering noodle takeout, I force myself to reconsider and make this dish instead. No need for takeout (most of the time) when you can make this delicious and healthy dish yourself. You can use rice noodles, soba noodles, rice, whatever you fancy. Don’t make it complicated, just use what you have on hand, that goes for the veggies too.
- 250g Raw Shrimp
- 1 Tbs. tamari sauce
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. ginger, finely grated
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ cucumber, sliced on a diagonal
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into ribbons (use a vegetable peeler)
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally into ¼-inch pieces (about ¼ cup)
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbs. roasted peanuts, chopped
- 4 lime wedges, optional
- ¼ cup warm water
- ¼ cup all natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 2 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp chile paste with garlic (or more to your liking)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 small lime, juiced
- Combine Shrimp with tamari, rice vinegar and ginger, let marinate while you prepare your vegetables.
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions, making sure not to overcook. Drain and rinse well with cold water, set aside.
- Combine sauce ingredients together. Blend in a small food processor or whisk well to combine. If sauce seems too thick, add more water to thin, it should be able to drizzle off a spoon.
- Heat coconut oil in pan over medium high heat. Add shrimp to pan, discarding marinade, and fry until they are bright pink, approximately 1 min per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Place noodles in a large bowl, pour half the sauce on the noodles, toss to combine. Add in the veggies and the remaining sauce, stirring to evenly coat.
- Garnish with cilantro and peanuts and serve with lime wedges and extra hot sauce on the side.
You can use rice noodles as stated, or switch it up and use soba noodles, whole wheat spaghetti or rice.
You can easily double the peanut sauce, as it never hurts to have a little extra.
I always make a little extra then the recipe states, as leftovers the next day are AMAZING!
Dig in and enjoy.
And to leave you with something that made me giggle…